Saturday, April 09, 2005

M -1

Well, it's Saturday morning already. One sleep to go! Marathon day minus one. It's a glorious, perfect, Queensland-like day. That means brilliant for biking but not quite so for marathon running. The weather is predicted to be the same on Sunday.

I'm feeling pretty good. Managed a solid 9 and a half sleep last night. I still feel a little tired though. Not sure what the story is there.

Some breaky then find some SCT stuff for the Expo and check the 1400. See you fun runners, bikers and bloggers this afternoon. Maybe also a few marathoners and 50k weirdos! By the way, the temperature at 8am in the shade was 19C. Thanks all for your good wishes!

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Hi beaniebum! Thanks. I survived. Many others didn't. I'll write about it later - maybe M +1?

Aki said...

Brilliant work Ewen, tough to be out for a while on today's course, and I saw some very sorry states, including a guy dropping out at 40k, :(

I was waiting for my friend who finished at 6:30, so doubtless I saw you, they closed the 40k drink station, but left me with a few drinks and the title 'their not disqulaified if they take drinks from you.'

My friend needed the drink too, and I ran the last 2k in with him. What great spirit! Although he was delirious and needed me to show him where to go.

I saw the guy who came in last too, very gutsy, everyone who finishes goes, and he crossed the line with only a handful of people cheering him in.

Congrats Ewen.