Friday, October 19, 2007

The Flyest Mudder Rudder

Finally, a Hadd-free post! No mention of running either. If Phil can do it, so can I. For my up-over readers, the following YouTube clip won't mean much. We have an election coming up on 24 November. Yes, all Australians 18 years of age or older must decide who rules!

I enjoy writers who use words creatively. I like good poetry. Is Rap the new poetry? I wonder what Henry Kendall would think? This video by the Axis of Awesome does brilliantly what we Australians love doing – cutting tall poppies down to size – doubly so if those tall poppies are politicians.

12 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Thanks Ewen

Funny stuff! Mr. Sheen, indeed. ;)

1996! that was the last year I lived in Australia permanently. More than ten years of John, Peter and Alexander would have been more than I could have taken. Still I miss the Australian comedians take on things.

"Did I mention I speak Asian!"

speedygeoff said...

Mr blogopular? ha ha ha ha ha.

I have a few Mr blogopular posts to catch up on, they look like good reading.

Runner Susan said...

Hadd-free? No way.

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a rapper (really should be wrapper) and the kids always say, "Dad, listen to the words." Well, I listened to the words and thought it was clever and humorous. I'm still not a wrapper though.

I'll take you up on your photo offer, email address is staylor @ superjacent . net (remove spaces)

Unknown said...

The "Axis of Awesome" sounds something like the way I run!

Sarah said...

Love it!!

jen said...

Hilarious!

2P said...

Looked more like Beasley than Rudd :)

Anonymous said...

Leave it to me to ruin your Hadd free streak. I'm not sure how I stumbled across your blog, but I found it and am encouraged to start doing the Hadd program again.

Greetings from the USA.

Rick B.

allrounder said...

"wheelfalloffitis"...LOL, very clever...

i think i get carried away in the first or second k (especially if it's downhill) and i probably vague out about a bit towards the end (i.e. 2nd last k), only snapping out of it when my Garmin reminds me of my (lack) of pace!

Spark Driver said...

I would agree with you regarding rap being poetry. Some of it is pretty catchy stuff.

Rob said...

I loved that clip Ewen. It pretty much sums up the political seen in Australia at the moment.