Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Bush and Range Road are calling!

It's early Saturday morning and as soon as I finish typing this I'm off on a long run. The 'Cotter Group' have decided to run over a section of the Bush Capital Marathon course. I'm thinking (hoping) that 20 to 23 kilometres might be their choosing. This is because tomorrow I'm joining Luckylegs, Flashduck and Tim for a run along the famous Range Road.

I'll have assistance tomorrow. Not just the pleasant company of three lovely people to pass the time, but my trusty Apollo mountain bike will be minded by a cow so I can ride 10 of the 30 kilometres.

The forecast is for rain! Will we break the drought? Will it rain on us for 5 hours solid? I hope so. I hope it also rains over the cracked and dusty catchment areas in all the ACT and NSW!

2 comments:

Rob said...

Thanks for your practical advice Ewen. I went straight and bought some Tuli's heel cups. My heel is much better and I am even feeling confident about running the 20 mile race with the Brisbane Road Runners tomorrow.

I wish I could join you with LL tomorrow. that would be a true 'fun' run, I reckon.

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! Is it going to take you 5 hours to run 30km? Chickybabe must be awful slow! Don't stay with her, run ahead & then run back & you'll find her wandering across some paddock somewhere!