Saturday, May 05, 2007

Completely Inelastic

It comes as a shock when you unexpectedly see yourself on TV, or, in this case, YouTube. I was minding my own business crossing the road, looking for fresh pasture, and I end up in a rock video! Speaking of YouTube, I must be the last person in the world who has seen Jeong-Hyun Lim's virtuosic guitar playing. Simply amazing.



Thanks friends for your birthday wishes. It's a little overwhelming. Thanks Dave for the tip on canvas bags. It's tough, but I'm getting used to being really old. I wonder how I'll feel when I'm truly ancient? CJ, Geoff, and Strewth – your invitations weren't lost in the mail. I didn't have a party. On my birthday, I worked late, then fell asleep in my lounge chair while watching television.

My birthday didn't go uncelebrated, as last Saturday night, Joy and Mal took me out to dinner at Rocksalt. Also enjoying the lovely meal were Mal's sister Kath, better half Steve and another old motorcycle mate of mine, Jim (who currently rides an Aprilia SL1000 Falco). I also had a family celebration whilst in Wagga over Easter.

Tomorrow morning the alarm is set for 3.15am. My running rival Jim W is driving myself and Bob down to Albury to do the Nail Can Hill Run. Last year it poured cows and dogs. This year, settled dust is all we want. It should be fun.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

If you keep thinking that having reached the climacteric age of 50 years is "really old", very soon you'll start feeling as old as Methuselah!

I've been around for a few more years than you but I consider myself to be neither "really old" nor "ancient"!

This is the 'golden season' of your life.....enjoy it while you can!

Samurai Running said...

Your hammys maybe tighter than Jeong-Hyun Lim's guitar strings but you're still young enough to "bowl a maiden over."

Least your not "loud and bombastic" franky that guy looked like the bastard child of 2p and Spark Driver ;)

Superflake said...

Sorry I missed the last post for some reason. Happy birthday. With many more to come. See you at SMH.

speedygeoff said...

The likeness is terrifying.

When did you trade in the GSX1400 for a walking frame? Is it fast? Where can I get one?

Two Fruits said...

I hope you get back from Nail Can Hill run to watch BB live eviction on Sunday night. Important night on TV each week, don't go to sleep on the lounge again or set the tape.

strewth said...

Hey Ewen - Hope you nailed the Nail Can Hill run - look forward to reading all about it!

strewth said...

Just read your diary re the Nail Can run - sounds like you had a good run - well done!

Tesso said...

Maybe we can buy in bulk and get a good deal on those frames.

2P said...

Looking forward to reading the Nail Can report.

Phil said...

You were the 2nd to last person to see Jeong-Hyun Lim's rendition. Thanks for sharing. And Happy Birthday again.

Lulu said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday and the Nail can hill run. I've never even heard of that Lim fellow so you're not the last!

Vicky said...

LOL at your title Ewen, and the clip! Too funny!

Hope the Nail Can went well.

MAR.

Spark Driver said...

Catchy tune but a piano accordian?!?

Serious though which one was you?? Or am I missing the joke?

R2B said...

Happy Birthday Ewen!!

Runner Susan said...

once i got up at 3am for a run so that our group could beat the 105 degree heat . . . turns out that 99 really isnt' worth 3am.

Bruce said...

thanks for the tip on the deep water jogging. I tried that once before but in chest high water, it wasn't much of a workout at all. Maybe I'll try the deep water with the vest?

Toasty said...

hmmmm ... 50 .... looking forward to that now ..... hmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

LOL I so love that clip! And the song is brilliant

and the singer is pretty hot too