Sunday, April 02, 2006

I slept in

It's a shoe! It's a beautiful cool and sunny morning. I was going to ride into town and watch the Women and Girls' Fun Run but I slept in. Is this a sign that I'm not getting enough sleep?

Today there's a race in Port Macquarie which I'll follow on the internet. It's an Ironman race and these things take as long as a working day plus overtime. There's also the World Cross Country Championships in Fukuoka to chase results for... Go Benita, go Craig and go Marty!

This week I indulged in a little retail therapy by purchasing some new shoes from Brian's shop – The Mizuno Wave® Rider™ 9. Okay, so they're not made of satin and don't give the high of chocolate but they're very comfortable. Not quite as slipper-like as the Frees but for a substantial trainer they're good.

I was in need of retail therapy because I'm still wallowing in that lull between finishing a big event and starting a program for the next one. There are a number of opportunities to achieve my next goal which is to run 5000 metres in under 20 minutes. Track racing doesn't commence again until October so I'll be running some short cross country races and fun runs before then.

I'll outline the program I plan to use to achieve this goal in my next post.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Next goal...easily achievable! Just try to pass CB!!

Nice trainers too...but not nearly as nice/fast as my new & still unworn Asics Magic Racers in which I'll be running as I pass you on the track, in the fun runs, across the fields & wherever!

R2B said...

I have a pair of the wave rider 8's i bought recently Ewen but they arn't nearly as good as the season befores...they were so light!

As for the 20min 5k ...youv'e done it b4 so roll on doing it again!
I love jack daniels 5k program too.

Cheers R2B

Rachel said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your race recovery:) I like the shoes.

Tesso said...

The way those mornings are getting so chilly, I'd be sleeping in as well. Hope somebody turns the heater on next weekend.

Don't you have a big goal for City To Surf? I was planning on chasing you the whole way :-)

strewth said...

"Tad cold" was it? More like bloody freezing but it did warm up quite quickly or at least I did! Love those shoes!

Unknown said...

Susan....truer words were never spoken! You're a girl after my own heart!

Ellie80 said...

i agree with the votes for retail therapy. i even have to use it as therapy when i get my credit card bill...

Hilda said...

What a great dairy you have, I just visited it!
I wish I could make so many pages as you, need to learn more about computer programs.

Your goals are great!

Stu Mac said...

Exccellent to see you are starting to consider your next goal, the 5000m...should make some interesting reading!!!

2P said...

Nice runners :-)

Hmm I have a similar goal to go sub 20 for 5k - please don't tell anyone - I'm keeping it secret - oops ;-)

Unknown said...

2P...it's no secret anymore!!

miners said...

Like the new goals you've set yourself Ewen - you do go for the wide and varied distance settings though don't you! ;)

Thanks heaps for your support over at the blog mate. Hope you enjoyed the updates on the day!